The antithesis of America as envisioned by our founding fathers is the Marxist/Socialist model to which our present White House occupant and much of his fellow Democrats are dedicated.
The American Thinker recently published comparisons between the philosophies of four Socialist leaders of various persuasions over the last one hundred years. They are Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Comments or notable statements from each are offered as an insight into the relevance of what we are currently forced to deal with in a context of known history.
Vladimir Lenin assumed the reins of power in Russia in 1917, forming the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic. His was a notoriously violent and oppressive communist system.
Infamous quotes from Lenin include:
- “The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.”
- “One man with a gun can control 100 without one.”
- “A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”
- “Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.”
- “The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.”
- “The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency.”
- “The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.”
- “Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.”
- “Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.”
- “There are no morals in politics; there is only expedience. A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel.”
- “Democracy is indispensable to socialism.”
- “It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.”